Saturday, August 2, 2008

3 Weeks Till School Starts

I'm actually excited for the start of school this year. It is a strange feeling. With every email with details about orientation and books and supplies, I get hit by the realization that I am in vet school now. Up to this point and even now still, it hasn't fully clicked that I am a vet student now. I think that time will come a few weeks after school starts.

While I am definitely excited about school, the other half of me is extremely nervous. Am I ready? Will I succeed? - Questions like that keep flying through my head. I guess they say, "Learn by doing." So, Let's do this.

The summer has gone by so fast and I don't doubt that will change in the next 3 weeks. I look back at my summer job and just have to laugh as I worked in my city's engineering department (not exactly veterinary related). I learned more than I ever wanted to know about the Kodak i260 scanner and how to survey streets and measure concrete. However, I do think the job was good for me because it gave me practice interacting with fellow employees and being the lead person on some projects (that's also funny when I tell engineering majors what to do in their field).

Anyways, I have a few more weeks to enjoy the summer and hopelessly try to prepare myself for vet school. I plan to enjoy this free time.

No comments: