Saturday, August 23, 2008

Orientation and White Coat Ceremony

Yesterday was exciting, but I'm glad it's over. There were activities from 10 am - 9 pm. I looked at my schedule and it's crazy. It's basically the same every week except little changes that are going to be annoying. The schedule itself doesn't look that bad as days start at 8 or 9 pm and end at 3 0r 5 pm. BUT I heard that students study an average of 30 hours a week. There went my life. Everyone seemed cool, but then again I think most of us are still in shock of what's going on. Out of 111 students, there are 14 guys.

We received so much information this first day that I'm still trying to sort through it all. My first test is the 10th then the next week I have 3 more tests.

We did get quite a bit of free stuff, so my $10,000 a semester bought me a backpack, shirt, and some meals. That was worth it, Right?

I received my white coat and took the veterinarian's oath and am officially a veterinarian in the making.

No comments: