Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Avoiding Studying

I have an anatomy exam tomorrow, but I do not feel like studying anymore. I just had my animal handling practical, which was a complete waste of time. I had to halter a sheep, tie a knot, pretend to draw blood, get a heart rate, find lymph nodes, and give a body condition score to the sheep. All of which took about 7 minutes with me taking my time. It took me longer to get to the farm!
Today we had another prime example of a student asking a question that was so far below the professor's intelligence that he couldn't answer it. It's kinda sad when the professor spends 5-10 minutes trying to answer the question and he starts talking about stuff that is unrelated to the student's question. This does provide some entertainment during the class, but it also gets frustrating very quickly because it seems that the right sentence would answer the question and the fact that the student should understand the material because it was covered on our first test. This is just a reminder to really smart people to actually listen to the question and don't be tricked if the question seems dumb. To everyone else: don't ask your questions before you've looked in your notes.
It looks like week 7 of vet school is when you become sick of studying. I know I should study for anatomy, but I probably know enough to pass the tests tomorrow. OK, back to studying.

No comments: